ILCC Special Agents and Investigators conduct over 10,000 yearly liquor inspections throughout the State each year. Listed below are the Top Ten Violations reported during these inspections for a recent fiscal year. We encourage you to become familiar with this list and share it with your staff, so you can avoid making these same mistakes in your business.
- Personnel not BASSET certified
- Pregnancy warning sign not posted
- State liquor license not displayed
- Contaminated liquor
- Corporate status – "Not Good Standing"
- IBT (Illinois Business Tax) certificate not available
- Pre-mix alcoholic beverages not destroyed weekly
- 90 days of invoices unavailable
- Liquor purchased at retail
- Local liquor license not available